USA Dance Nationals Schedule
Carolina Fall Classic DanceSport Championships
Preteen – Youth, all events other than Jr2 and Youth PreChampionship and Championship
October 1-3, 2021
Charlotte, North Carolina
American DanceSport Festival
Under 21, Adult, and Professional events, Syllabus through Championship (including Showdance, Theatrical Ballroom, and Cabaret)
October 8-10, 2021
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Chicago DanceSport Challenge
Competing at the 2021 National DanceSport Championships got easier!
- Participation at the 2021 USA Dance National DanceSport Championships has just become easier. In recognition that there has been a limited number of NQEs this year, the Board of Directors has removed the requirement to qualify for participation. Instead, the National Championships will be open events for all USA Dance athletes.
We strongly encourage all DanceSport and Social Dance members to take part in these great events as competitors and spectators.
DanceSport Coach Membership
Board of Directors Restores Funding for Athlete Travel Stipends in 2021
The Board of Directors, upon the recommendation of the Professional Dance Council, has voted to amend the DanceSport Rulebook and reestablish the position of DanceSport Rules Official to help the Chair of Adjudicators and the organization ensure that all NQE and National Championship events are fully compliant and being operated in the best interests of our athletes and our National Sports Programs. Those who are interested in serving in this new position should email firstname.lastname@example.org
The DanceSport Council, upon the recommendation of the Director of Education, has suspended for the remainder of the season, the rule prohibiting adjudicators from teaching at camps within 14 days of a competition. This decision was necessary given the number of competitions, many holding National Championship events, that would have made it impossible for USA Dance Academy to sanction any athlete development camps until late December. For more information on upcoming dance camps please email Director of Education Renata Shvarts at email@example.com
The Board of Directors, in order to promote the growth of certain underdeveloped membership categories has taken the following steps:
- Professional Athlete Membership fee is reduced to $25 for 2021 and 2022. Those current members who paid the full price will have their membership extended to December 31, 2022
- Pro/Am Amatuer members who only compete in Pro/Am categories membership fee is reduced to $25 for 2021 and 2022. Those current members who paid the full price will have their membership extended to December 31, 2022
- DanceSport Coach membership fee is reduced to $25 for 2021 and 2022.
- All Special Olympic Membership categories membership fees are reduced to $10 for 2021.
National Training Camp
The National Training Camp 2021 sanctioned by USA Dance is open for registration at www.nationaltrainingcamp.org. Thirteen teachers, seven ballrooms, four daily groups, and one great competitive and fun environment will be held September 25-26, 2021 at Todos Studio in Natick Ma.
According to their website “Ronen Zinshtein annually curates some of the best instructors to review and teach the most important material for couples and solo dancers to focus on as they set their eyes on the National Championships in the United States. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to learn from the best, and to be surrounded by like-minded, hard-working peers looking to improve and leave their mark on the dance floor!”